This digital age has not only increased the competitiveness of the market but also encouraged almost every business in almost every industry to prioritize digital marketing over traditional. The ever-growing popularity of digital marketing for business keeps on producing higher demands for digital marketers, more than there is even the supply of the same. In India alone, the marketing decisions of the multi-national companies depend on the big data and relevant customer insights as Google Analytics makes available even the complex datasets. The traditional means of data processing and analysis are not as competent and useful as the modern tools are. The techniques that digital marketers use to obtain the pertinent data from the customer’s behavior and accordingly map down the digital marketing plan which improves a business’s strategy to improve their ordinary decision making and detailing process.
Clearly, there’s a myriad of career opportunities available in the versatile field of digital marketing for the young talents. But, what exactly is digital marketing and what is the hype all about?
Understanding digital marketing
Although different in their mechanism, digital marketing, and traditional marketing share a same purpose and agenda- to reach out to the target audiences, engage with them, market products, and build brand awareness to ultimately increase the brand’s overall revenue. But, digital marketing is the new hype because it is flexible, affordable, and research-driven. Going by the definition, digital marketing is one of a kind of marketing of several products and services in which the digital technologies like the internet and digital platforms like mobile phones and laptops are extensively used. Below mentioned are the sub-disciplines that fall under the category of digital marketing:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Social Media Optimization (SMO)
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Social Media Marketing (SMM)
- Mobile Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Content Writing and Management
- Web Designing and Development
- Research and Analytics
Any person who wishes to make a commendable career in the field of digital marketing can begin by getting specialized in at least a single sub-discipline and accordingly master the remaining ones. The required skill set that a digital marketing professional must have has also come a long way. They no longer have to have commendable skills, though that’s a plus point for the digital marketer, as the new-age skills such as research and analytical skills are in great demand.
Skills a digital marketer must master
To excel in this creative and attractive mode of expanding business and fueling its overall growth, those people trained and expert in working with technological aspects of digital marketing such as SEO, SEM, Web Design, and Web Development have a higher earning potential today as well as in the decades to come. The reason is that these are the founding principles of driving profits and revenue for every business. On the other hand, content marketing depends on the technical expertise of data analytics and customer behavior with the content distributed on various platforms. The aspirants can get professional training at any leading digital marketing company in Delhi for acquiring these imperative skills.
Veering into a career in digital marketing
Whether you are a techie, creative, or business-minded person, there is a tremendous career scope for all in the diverse avenues of digital marketing. Though many believe that getting expertise in each and every branch of digital marketing increases one’s chances for immediate success, it’s not true. Digital marketing is a very vast field and it’s quite impossible to get professed in all. So, we recommend you to first attain specialization in one or two sub-field to become successful, although one can always learn something or the other in this field. For this one should definitely pursue digital marketing course because the professional training makes one equipped with all the required skill set and talent which the industries are in a great need of. Let’s now move on to some of the best reasons to consider a career into digital marketing career:
- The wide gap in digital skills: The need for skilled digital marketing professionals is being continually growing from years to years. The ones who are presently stationed in the middle-income bracket can foresee a successful and long-lasting career in digital marketing, provided they possess technical as well as soft skills.
- High compensation package: As already discussed, the jobs in digital marketing are in great demands. Whether you work as a freelancer or a full-time professional, the remuneration in the digital marketing field is quite impressive. With the experience increasing over a period of time, one can always bid on the improving skill sets. For example, a content writer can easily earn Rs. 20,000 per month on an average whereas an SEO specialist can earn Rs. 25,000 per month. In fact, salary packages are subject to the experience and skills one has.
- Endless opportunities to learn and grow: This is the special thing about digital marketing career; one can continue with learning new things and new skills to improve the credibility and overall score of his CV. The freelancers and full-time professionals can opt for the part-time digital marketing courses to get hands-on higher compensation packages.